Sunday, September 26, 2010

Metal Detecting: Minelab Explorer II - Lake Oswego....AGAIN!

Went metal detecting on the banks of the Willamette again tonight.  Nice night.  Rachel played in the river, left Matthew at home so the kids could have a break from each other and I could have a break from TWO kids, although having the one can still be a handful.

Anyways, I think I'm not using the minelab right.  I'm having all sorts of issues with it.  Maybe I actually need to read the owners' manual.  At any rate - I made a sifter out of a windshield wiper fluid bottle that was empty.  I drilled a bunch of 5/8" holes in it (smaller than a dime) and cut the end off .  Then when I found something I dug a pile.  Then picked up part of the pile with the sifter. 

If the pile still showed something in it - I'd get another part of the pile with the sifter until it didn't show anything in it.  Then - SIFT AWAY!  I found this went even faster if I dipped the whole thing in the river. 

I was having a hard time on the heavily populated side as there's so much trash to sift through, but when I got to the other side where only lovers make out - the beeping dropped drastically and I was only hitting money at that point.  Actually all but two pennies were found on the "lover's lane" side of the park.

Here was my finds this evening (two quarters....I think....a dime....four pennies)

Much better with the sifter.  I don't have to worry about it going through my fingers anymore.  Now I think I just need to read the owners' manual.


Here's a bunch of jellybeans I didn't find with the minelab.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam, hate-speech or otherwise objectionable material will be deleted.