Friday, March 11, 2011

Letter from Tony Snow

 Tony Snow June 1, 1955 – July 12, 2008
I used to listen to Tony Snow when he was a radio show host.  He had a great sense of humor and an easy style that I just enjoyed and came to love when he hosted for Rush.

I have a letter from Tony Snow, an email, to me that he sent me after I wrote him wishing him well in his cancer recovery.  The email is dated 8/10/07 to me.

But, I have some collections from the world's notables in my files - this is just one of the e-versions, I thought I'd post it.

I told him I was praying for him and wished him well, and this is his response.  He didn't mention my name in it, but that's okay - it was to my email personally. I just thought I'd share something I got from a man I admired who once represented our country and share his faith in God.



THE WHITE HOUSE Washington Thanks so much for the kind note - and for including me in your thoughts and prayers. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you thinking of me and raising my name in prayer. Prayers have enormous power. They're good medicine - and they certainly have lifted my spirits. I feel as if I have been borne on the shoulders of thousands of friends, all of whom have made the ride easier than I ever could have imagined. We're blessed to live in a land where people just want an excuse to do something good for someone else. Thanks for taking advantage of that opportunity with me. Please encourage others to do it closer to home for other friends in need. Kind words, notes, emails, and small gestures have a way of lightening the load, while making our own lives richer and more rewarding. Again, thanks for the incredible gift of caring. God bless, TONY SNOW 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam, hate-speech or otherwise objectionable material will be deleted.